May 16th, 2019
The Real Estate Institute of Queensland has devoted a lot of time and money in supporting the Stand for Stability campaign in educating the general public of the destructive potential of Labor’s Negative Gearing and Capital Gains Tax reforms. As our peak industry body, the REIQ is focused on creating a healthy and stable real estate sector in Queensland. This stability is under threat by Labor’s proposed reforms and no industry will be harder hit than Real Estate.
The REIQ believes that -
• Up to 30% of Real Estate jobs in Queensland might be lost
• A proportion of buyers will be lost as investors flee the market
• Sales volumes will come down as fewer buyers mean lower prices
Not only will people in the Real Estate industry be affected, but sadly the impact on you will be just as great with -
• Rents predicted to rise 22%
• Property prices to fall as much as 12%
• The loss of $2.3Billion in Stamp Duty in Queensland
Please go to standforstability.com.au for more information.